Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Mr. Martha's Moments
This past weekend, I went camping with the Finaus. It was so much fun! We did some Branch acvitivies Friday night, and then Kilisi, Maili, and I slept in the tent while the rest of their fam slept in the tent trailor. There was plenty of room in there for the three of us, but I guess tenting just sounded more fun. I don't know why, of course. The tent trailor has air conditioning, a microwave, sink, two queen sized beds and a full sized bed, plus a kitchen. Anyway, all day Saturday we went boating. It was so much fun! Uncle Brett's moments made it even all the more exciting! lol The first one occured while he was driving the boat and Tami, Kilisi, and I were on the tube. He was stopping at nothing in atempt to throw us off! The three of us were gripping the handles with all our might when Brett suddenly jerked the boat at full speed! Next thing we know, we're hearing a loud ripping noise as we fall into the freezing cold water! The material and handle part of the tube had been torn from the blow up part! It was SO funny! I am still curious as to who won that battle. Anyway, on top of that, while he was bringing the boat to us, Katie Munson, a pregnant family friend, was standing on the back of the boat when he took off, nearly knocking her over! We stayed with the Munsons while Tami and Brett went to go buy a tube. They came back and Munson's left, then we got back onto the boat. By now I had built up the courage to try kneeboarding (I'd made Tami go before lunch), and it ended up being totally fun! I loved it a lot, if my family gets a boat we're definately getting a kneeboard! Anyway, when Brett jumped into the water he realized he still had sun glasses and a hat on, so he tried to be smooth and slide the stuff of before he went under, and he ended up throwing them OVER the boat! It was so funny! It was even funnier when he came back onto the boat and a broken piece of Tami's glasses was attached to his jacket! There went another pair! They later took me on a tour of that part of the Missouri, and we headed back to the campsite, which is when things got VERY scary, but I'll save that for next time. Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Sounds like the adventures in SD just never end! Glad you are having fun. Emily's mom told me that Em is still in mourning over leaving her. It made me sad. I can't wait for you to be home in a couple of days!!! C/YA then :)
Sounds like you are having a great time in SD. But when you get back and come to Mt. Pleasant you will need to put your working hat on. Everyone is going to need to pitch in and help if the Luau/Wedding/Baptism is going to be successful. Looking forward to seeing you. Have a safe trip home.
girl i'm glad you are having so much fun!!! the other day i was watching an american idol comercial and a girl on it totally looked like you!!! my mother was all... did you know meghan was on american idol??? haha and i was like umm.... mom its not meghan hahaha it was so funny! i got some giggles out of courtney from the story!!! lol luff you meg sim!!!!
I'm so glad your having a good time!! Not much going on here, just getting ready for school (ugh) I cant wait to hear all about Layton :) its not the same here without you though... but i know your where you need to be, i hope you have lots of adventures in your new town! and make tons of good friends! i love u so much!
Mr. Martha helped us pick out ribbon for the flowers and decoration. I miss you guys! I had so much fun and told Travis I wish we would have stayed longer. However, I am super excited about our snow boarding adventure in December. =)
Have a great week!
Post a Comment