Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Can You Show me your Backdive?

Vacation in Pierre, (Peer, not Pee Air lol), South Dakota is great! The Finau's house is nice and has the best view of the Missouri River ever! Speaking of the Missouri, we went boating a few days ago and it was awesome! Tubing is way fun, and I can't wait to go camping this weekend so we can go all day. That's also when I will probably try kneeboarding. That should be very interesting, but I am excited nontheless! The kids have been way fun to hang with, too! Saturday, Kilisi, Keila, and I rode our bikes the the YMCA to swim. We had a BLAST! I spent most of my time on the diving board, which is how I learned my new trick...
I was frontflipping off the diving board and when I got off a little girl asked me to show her my backdive off the diving board. Well, I'd never really tried it, but who wants to let a poor little girl down, right? So, I strutted to the end of the board, turned around, and dove in backwards. It was such a cool feeling for someone like me who isn't exactly your best gymnast! I kept doing it, and soon enough I could do a full out back flip! It was so much fun! So naturally, I was showing off just a little, cuz how many girls can do a backflip, right? I keep flipping and all of the sudden I have a group of boys glued to me... not good! I figured they were harmless since Kilisi knew them and I'd seen them at church, so I just acted normal. Next thing I know, I get off of the diving board and one of them asks me out! I could have died, I was so embarassed and I felt terrible when I turned him down. Lesson Learned: Showing off, not always good!

4 comments:

Grandma Phillips said...

Well, I would say showing off might have been good if you were 16 right? You will never know what things are in the planning stages between your 4 grandparents on ways to torture our grandchildren.

Lori said...

WOOT WOOT! A South Dakota boyfriend!!! WOWAZA! Better not let you dad find out, LOL! ;) Glad you are having fun. No fun here, just unpacking box after box after box. UGH!

Bryan said...

Where do I find this clown? !!!

Nicole Winona said...

jajajaja girl why did you turn him down? JK JK hahaha you make me laugh! i'm glad you're having fun!