Tiana, Lauren, Lauren, and Whitney (Back Behind) at Target After The Dance
Yesterday was my first dance at my new school. It was pretty fun, but it kind of turned into one of those "Hold up the Wall" dances. I only danced with two boys the whole afternoon, and that's more than most girls could say. I guess the fact that they only played two or three slow songs the whole night could also have something to do with it. :) After the dance, a big group of about Twenty of us walked over to Jamba Juice for smoothies. We tried to go to Toys R Us, but apparently the manager didn't like the idea of having 20 teenagers with smoothies and backpacks coming into the store. Since we weren't welcomed at the toy store, we went over to Target and hung out there for awhile. It was pretty fun. We divided all of our backpacks into two carts and then just walked around for a half hour. While we were waiting for a ride, the last of us sat on the grass outside of Target. I think by this point there were only 7 of us left. Anyway, while we were sitting on the grass we saw some of the druggy kids from our school skateboarding. One of then walked up to us and said something stupid. Apparently, him and his friends smoked pot outside of the school while the dance was going on and then came over here to skate. His friends kept giving him weird looks for talking to us. Anyway, finally my friend Lauren asked the kid if he would be in Seminary the next day. He gave us the scariest look ever and said he hated Seminary, and his friends all chimed in. Bryan, the boy who I was sitting by on the grass and who is in my Seminary class turned to me and said, "I love Seminary, don't you? It was such a good lesson today!" We all joined in on saying how much we loved the class and all the skaters left. Honestly, I am surprised we didn't get beat up, but it was still pretty funny to see their faces when we talked about how much we love Seminary! Lauren, Lauren, Tiana and I went back to Lauren's house and we were all telling our scariest stories for awhile. We told all the typical stories of teenage girls getting kidnapped or nightmarish babysitting stories or people breaking in when a group of teenage girls are all alone. We were all getting pretty worked up when something creaked in Lauren's house. We started screaming our heads off and we were all absolutely terrified. We ran out of the dark basement as fast as we could and while we were catching our breath, Lauren's dog came around the corner, making us all jump again. After we finally recovered, we met up with Brett and Daniel to go to a Haunted Forest thing. It was so much fun! After that, we went back to Lauren's and played an intense game of apples to apples. It was hilarious! It was a way fun night, and it really feels good to be hanging out with friends again! I never thought I'd make friends after the move, but I guess I was dead wrong. :)




3 comments:
Glad you had fun. I have had fun being down south this weekend. But it makes me homesick.
We told you that you would make new friends. Maybe someday you will realize that we really know more than you think we do!
"Hold up the wall" ok I am only 23 so I am not too old to not know the hip talk but what is that?!!!!!
Sounds like you are doing just fine up there in Layton. You can always find whatever it is you are looking for. Come on Aundrea, even I know what Hold up the wall means. It must be a Utah thing.
Post a Comment