Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More and More Volleyball

Wednesday was our last seasoned game, I was so sad! At the beginning of the game the coaches gave all the ninth graders flowers and the Student Body Officers gave us big Gatorades. The game itself was amazing, though. We got off to a really bad start. I had starting serve and I was so nervous that I bolted the ball WAY out of bounds! My passes were pretty off too. We ended up losing the first game 22-25, I think! The second game got really close. We were sure they had us when the score was 22-24, but we sidedout and, once again, I had to serve at the game's climax. I knew I had to make up for the serves I missed earlier, and I ended up getting all my serves in and we won 26-24. The third game was a tie breaker to 15, and it was also close, but we took the win 15-13. We are now in fourth, and we go into the play-offs on friday for the quarter-finals. It should be a pretty close game, since we are playing the same team we played wednesday. I really hope we do good! The longer we can stay in the tournament, the longer this season will last! I am so sad to see the season end, but at least it will give me a chance to catch up on homework and start running a little more until Club season starts.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you are still enjoying Vball. Good luck with the tourney!!! I am sure your team will do great.

Grandma Phillips said...

Congratulatons on the win and good luck in the tourny. Keep us informed.