Saturday, October 4, 2008
dEtErMiNeD!!!!
My life still continues to be incredibly busy!!! Everyday I carry my overflowing backpack, large sports bag, and Violin with me to the bus stop. I can't believe I am involved in so many things! It's all worth though, even if my 6-foot tall locker won't hold it all lol. I literally have to kick it shut everyday it's insane! This week was as busy as ever, but it was a great week!!! Monday we had a home volleyball game against the Syracuse Sea Hawks, and we won it in 2 games. It was a fun game, but also very frustrating at the end! I almost had a perfect serving game until my last rotation I missed my second serve!!! I was so mad!!! Luckily, though, the away game on Wednesday was better. We also won this one in two, and I had my second perfect serving game of the season. I started the second game of serving and served 5 in a row. I was way excited to have gotten all my serves in, but what made it even better was that 3 of them were aces, I was so excited! It was kind of funny, though, on about my 3rd serve as I was doing my approach to the ball I slipped on a marker that someone dropped on the court! Amazingly, I still got my serve in. My coaches were laughing so hard when it happened, it really was pretty funny! Volleyball is my DEFINITELY my favorite thing about school,but my classes aren't terrible. Honors Science is really fun, and we do a lot of neat experiments. PE is one of my favorite classes. We do a lot of running, and I am always the fastest girl on the mile time and the last girl standing on the running tests. I have actually been the top girl on everything except the sit and reach, I may be somewhat fast and kinda strong, but I will never be flexible!!! Orchestra is pretty fun, I didn't audition for 1st chair this year because of Volleyball, but it is still pretty fun, I've never sat in the back before, it's pretty fun! Seminary is another class that I love. I have a lot of friends in that class, and we have lots of fun while learning a lot of interesting new things about the Scriptures. Geometry is one of my least favorite classes. I don't see why we have to learn Geometry, I see how we'll use Algebra in our daily lives, but I doubt that I will ever use the Postulates and other things I am learning in Geometry. And it's not like when I see a triangle the first thing I want to do is find its area and all that other stuff! Honors English is a really hard class, but it is pretty fun, too. We've been learning about Greek Mythology, which really interests me for some reason. Geography isn't overly exciting, but I miss it every other day for volleyball games anyway, so it's livable! Anyway, no matter how busy I am, I am determined to keep in up for the remainder of my High School Life, which is now 1/32 of the way over! See, I used Algebra, but no Geometry whatsoever!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I hated Geometry too. Guess you get that from me. As far as not being flexible though? Well, you get that from your dad :)
No kidding about the flexibility, it's from your mom but that little bit of speed and strength, well I will let you decide. By the way have I ever shown you my first place marathon trophy?
Post a Comment